The Cabinet Division and Islamabad Police have to federal Ministers and Political leaders additional security was withdrawn.
The National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser and the NA Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri have had their security personnel removed. Five federal ministers were also removed. Federal ministers will now only have two security personnel to assist them in their protocol. Three of the five security personnel have been removed from the security detail of the above-mentioned. The security detail of Chairman Senate Sadiq Sajrani will not be changed.
Sources said that Pervez Khattak Defence Minister and Federal Minister for Human Rights have seen their security numbers reduced.
Fawad Chaudhry, Minister for Information and Broadcasting, stated that PM Imran Khan received a report stating that many dignitaries enjoyed more protocol than was necessary during a federal cabinet meeting.
The premier asked government officials to reduce their use of protocol-related privileges.
Prime Minister Imran Khan announced last week that he would no longer use the protocol and security associated with heads of state to save taxpayers money and the inconvenience to the public.
The prime minister tweeted, “To save taxpayers money and avoid inconvenience for the public, I won’t be going to any private functions with protocol and security.”
Javed Aziz Khan adds that security has been reassessed for those facing real threats one day. After order was issued regarding the withdrawal of policemen and Elite commandos used to protect politicians, government officials, and other VIPs. Ministers and Political leaders’ additional security was withdrawn.
After a notification about the withdrawal of elite force commandos and police guards, from a number of political leaders mostly from opposition parties. The provincial government and police authorities came under fire from social media.
These leaders and others had been threatened with a variety of things, and some had even survived suicide attacks, bomb blasts, and firing.
“All people feeling threatened will be provided with adequate security. They should contact the Home Department, where guards will be provided on the recommendation from the threat assessment committee,” an official stated on Sunday.
He also provided security for a number more people who weren’t entitled to it, including Elite commandos. Who misused the facility in the past years.
While hundreds of policemen, including Elite commandos, are deployed in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with VIPs, the force faces severe shortages of personnel for its operational duties.
The KP government has taken back the security that was provided to hundreds of residents across the province to allow them to organize. The security arrangements to accommodate all political affiliations. The security has not been withdrawn due to any political discrimination. “Those facing life-threatening situations will not be denied security. However, they will need to contact the Home Department to validate their security,” an official handout said later Sunday.
The Home Department had granted police security to certain individuals in the province. But others were able to influence them and use it for their own self-aggrandizement.
It is open to all, transparent, non-discriminatory, and fair as per government policy.
“The government will provide general security for all citizens, and personal security for those with special security needs. If any important person feels insecure due to the withdrawal of security, he can contact Home Department. The department will issue a formal order based on the recommendations of the Provincial Threat Assessment Committee.
According to reports, even though they were not entitled to official security. a lot of guards were offered to those who requested them.
A large number of police officers are also having to double or triple the official number of guards they were allowed to use for protection and other duties.
Many cops also work with retired senior officers from years past.
Workers and political leaders posted the notice on social media late Saturday night. It stated that a total of 58 Elite commandos had been withdrawn. That a large number of regular policemen were being removed from politicians, government officials, and other individuals.
“We don’t like security, but the state had provided guards because of serious threats. We understand why they pulled security from us today. These acts cannot demoralize us, and we will continue fighting to defend the rights of the nation with even more strength. Aimal Wali Khan, provincial president of Awami Nation Party, tweeted alongside the official notification about the withdrawal of Elite commandos.
The notification stated that three Elite cops had been given to him as security. However, the notice was withdrawn.
The ANP leader stated, “I just want the nation to know that the elected government would be responsible for anything that happens to me or to my family after the withdrawal of security.”
Eight Elite force guards provided by the former chief minister Ameer Haider Hoti and senior vice president ANP were also removed. One guard was taken from Mian Iftikhar Hussain, general secretary of the party, and three from Begum Nasimwali Khan.
Read More: harassment incident Islamabad
Hundreds of ANP workers were killed in bomb blasts, suicide attacks, and targeted killings during their time in KP, 2008-2013.
Even though ANP was not in power, attacks continued on party workers. A number of senior leaders ANP lost to terrorist attacks in the past year included Bashir Ahmad Bilour (the then senior minister), his son Haroon Ahmed Bilour, as well as a few MPAs and experienced leaders and workers.
ANP is also closing two Elite guards from the former speaker and leader Pakistan People’s Party Kiramatullah Chaghar Matti. Three are from PPP provincial president Humayun Khan, and two are from Asma Alamgir, former PPP MNA.
PTI MNA Anwar Taj and Senator Ayub Afridi were each retracted from two Elite commandos and the MPAs Somi Faraknaz, Salahuddin.
One Elite cop was also resigned from Chairman Qaumi Watan Party Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao. The provincial president of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz Amir maqam. They survived multiple attacks, including suicide attacks.
According to the notification of Ministers and Political leaders, additional security was withdrawn. Seven Elite force guards were removed from the director-general National Accountability Bureau. One guard was withdrawn from secretary industries DG Excise and DG KPRA. The guards of ex-Nazim Town-III, a retired Accountant General from DG Anti-Corruption Department, and other officials.
Sabah is now part of the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N). Sunday, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, President and Leader of Opposition in National Assembly. said that the government’s decision not to provide security to leaders of different political parties in KP was criminal. especially considering that Engineer Amir Muqam, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, and Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao had been attacked.
Shehbaz tweeted a question asking who would be responsible for something that happened.
“The PTI government’s decision to withhold security from leaders of different political parties is criminal, to say the least. Especially since Aftab Sherpao Amir maqam and Mian Iftikhar were already attacked. Shehbaz Sharif tweeted Sunday, “Who will be responsible for anything untoward?”